Monday, August 12, 2013

Mr. Goodbar

This week, it's that candy bar that we've all been looking for, Mr. Goodbar.









This is a rare treat for me, as I don't know that I've ever eaten a full sized Mr. Goodbar (stylized as mr. Goodbar). I'm more familiar with this bar in miniature form, usually sold in assortments, like the one here. So when my assistant came back with this big, beautiful specimen, I knew I had to get to it quickly.

An interesting thing about the packaging that you can see in the picture above is the "Easy Open" marking on the left. Specifically, it says "Easy Open See Back". Well, I'll tell you what, I could not wait to find out how to open this bad boy, so I could dig in. Flipping it over and following the instructions yielded positive results.





So let's not wait any longer, let's take a look at what we got here:





Well, as you may be able to surmise, it's basically a Hershey's Bar with peanuts in it. Which isn't bad. I like peanuts.

Honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed by this bar now that I've eaten it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly acceptable chocolate bar. But now that I think about it, I do seem to remember it being my third favorite candy in an assortment of four. So, maybe I shouldn't have expected much.

I would recommend this bar to people who love Hershey bars, but maybe want to experiment a little. I mean, what fun is chocolate, if you can't go nuts every once in a while.

See you next week.





1 comment: