Monday, August 26, 2013

Butterfinger

This week, Keith Behind Bars lays it finger on Butterfinger.










This is a first for Keith Behind Bars, I'm reviewing a candy bar I'm pretty sure I don't like. Now I don't know if I've had one in about 20 years, so maybe my tastes have changed and I can now appreciate it. Let's find out.




The first thing you notice when opening a Butterfinger is the smell. While definitely peanut buttery, the aroma is something distinctly Butterfinger. And since my recollection is that I don't like Butterfingers, the associated fragrance is something I find a bit off putting.

Let's take a bite.





Yeah, I most certainly do not like Buttergfingers. Although, I can't intellectually understand why. I like chocolate. I like peanut butter. Where does Butterfinger go wrong? I'm pretty sure it's the crunchety center. My half hearted internet search could not quite tell me what this center is. It's definitely peanut butter flavored, but whatever they did to give it that crispety texture, does not appeal to me.

If you were a kid in the 90s, like I was, you've probably tried Butterfingers before because Bart Simpson told you to. One thing I can say about it is that it's quite memorable. If you haven't had one in 20 years, it tastes just like you remember it. So if you liked it then, you'll probably like it now.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment