Monday, September 2, 2013

Baby Ruth

This week, we take a look at Baby Ruth.







There was a period in my childhood where this was my candy bar of choice. Which I can also say about quite a number of other candy bars. Doing this blog has made me realize just how much candy I must have eaten when I was a kid. It's crazy to think, because I'm pretty sure I've eaten more chocolate bars since starting this blog than I have in at least a few years before it.

The packaging for Baby Ruth boasts "4 Grams of Protein". I don't know if that's a lot or not. It's a weird thing for candy to advertise it's nutritional content. Are they trying to market it as an alternative to energy bars? I wouldn't really have a problem with that. From what I understand, most energy bars are just cleverly marketed bars of sugar anyway.









A Baby Ruth is very similar to a Snickers. It's got little less nougat, and more peanuts. The chocolate is shaped to the peanuts in a way that gives Baby Ruth it's distinctive lumpy look.

It's pretty good. I wouldn't kick it out of bed, or anything. I'd rather have a Snickers, though. But if you someone who thinks that Snickers are on the right track, but hasn't nailed it, try a Baby Ruth. You'll probably like it.

See you next week.

1 comment:

  1. Should have posted about KitKat this week. This thing would have gone viral.

    ReplyDelete